Julia's Green Beans & Mushrooms

Ingredients
1/3 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2-1/2 tsp. butter
1/4 tsp. dried parsley flakes
Dash each seasoned salt, garlic powder, and coarsely ground pepper
1 Tbsp. dry bread crumbs
1-1/2 tsp. grated Romano cheese

Directions
1. Place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Stir in the parsley flakes, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Add bread crumbs; cook until lightly browned.
3. Drain beans; toss with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.

Notes
Oh my. These are the most AMAZING green things I have EVER had in my life. I could eat veggies all day if they were all dressed up this well. Anyways, I used a sprinkle of garlic salt instead of the seasoned salt and garlic powder, which worked great. I will be making these again--and soon!

Source
Taste of Home magazine, Dec/Jan 2010, pg. 34

Comments

Popular Posts