The Best Sugar Cookies

Ingredients
4-1/2 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1-1/2 cup sugar
1 cup shortening (1/2 Crisco, 1/2 margarine)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs

Directions
1. Sift together dry ingredients; set aside.
2. Cream shortening and sugar, add eggs and vanilla.  Add sifted dry ingredients.
3. Roll on lightly floured pastry cloth.  Use cookie cutters as desired.
4. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350-degrees about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
5. Top with your favorite frosting.

Notes
I didn't make any of these delicious cookies this Christmas because I didn't have the recipe available to me in Illinois.  Seeing as how the taste of these cookies is one of my favorite holiday memories/traditions, I vowed that would never happen again.

Source
Angels and Friends cookbook.

Comments

Popular Posts